Sunday, August 26, 2007

My first 'big' jump

Climb on a 40 feet high pole. On the same height, walk on a 10 cm wide plank and jump to catch another plank dangling 7 ft above and 3 ft away from the edge of the plank you are standing on!

These were the instructions mentioned by our guide Anne at the Winshape Wilderness Retreat. I thought she had gone nuts... Only later did I realize that if hundreds and hundreds of people did this over the years, why couldnt I?

Going to Winshape, Rome, GA has been a tradition here at Goizueta since many many years. They take us to this awesome place in the 26000 acre campus of Berry College. Wait a minute... You read that? 26000 acres!!! Thats one of the largest campuses in the world!! And each and every part of the campus is so very well maintained... Just one word to describe it... 'Beautiful'... I was just flattened...

The activities were designed to help us experience the Goizueta core values - courage, integrity, accountability, rigor, diversity, team, community... No doubt the two days were very tiring, everyone of us felt more attached to one another, to the school and to the core values which form the foundation...

It was just so great to see people encouraging their less courageous groupmates and helping them come out of their 'fear' of height... It was great to see entire team repeating their assigned task just to see one of their fellows complete the task easily....

There are a lot many things I wont be able to describe here... Coz they can only be experienced... It was only after coming back from Winshape that I got the reason our Dean called the trip to Winshape as the 'requirement for the admission to be continued'... :) Thanks to it, I am starting to live the Goizueta Experience!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger mbawise said...

Great blog... Good to know you are enjoying the Emory experience. I'll be applying to Emory for Fall 08.

You will be very busy I am sure, but please do keep blogging. It is very very helpful for future aspirants...

12:23 PM  
Blogger Aamna Bhatia said...

Hi
I need ur advice.. can u tell me how much does gmat score and yrs of work ex matter in ur admission

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home