Sunday, April 01, 2007

Scholarship reconsidered!! Enrolled!!

This is not an attempt to fool anyone on the April Fool's day... :-) I was trying to negotiate the scholarship amount with the Adcom at Emory - and finally they have considered me worthy enough for 'a double'... Yahhhhoooooo!!!

It took a lot of contemplation, at first, on whether to retake GMAT merely for scholarship reconsideration. It also took a weekend dipped in Sentence Correction and a missed trip to Pondichery , the low of a 650 in Kaplan and the high of a 760 in GMAT Prep 1 & 2... and finally a 740 with quant 49 and verbal 41 in the GMAT attempt 2... :-) However, when an investment of $250 yields you such high gains, you definitely do not want to crib for the efforts you put in... :-)

This leaves me with less than 20% of tuition fees to be paid from my pockets... Very close to the goal with which I started my application process... With the acceptance deposit deadline approaching soon, I have digged the first hole in my pocket and have sent the needed $1000 draft to Atlanta...

On the other hand, McCombs is still not replying... :-( and I am losing my interest as well... :-(

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Forrest Gump said...

that's sweet. congrats.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Inblue said...

aweaome.. You'er rocking !Super happy for you.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Achilles said...

a well deserved achievement.....thanks man, it is your success and words that has kept me motivated and going till now. hope to get more inspiration from you. :)

enjoy, this is your time.

11:50 AM  
Blogger D A said...

Great man..Awesome stuff..All the best for MBA at Emory..

4:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations Hardik. Way to go man.

10:58 AM  
Blogger  Eddie Swing said...

The possible values would almost help students to initiate around with all those possible values which are either considered to be pretty essential for them to follow. homework solver

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home