Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Notre Dame Decision

Not a great start by any means.... :(

After a waitlist from ISB, University of Notre Dame has also waitlisted my application. Not too sure of whats happening.... I thought (and so did my reviewers) that I did a good job on my essays.. Its time to scratch the basics now:
  • Decent GMAT score (this bagged an application fee waiver for me from ND)
  • Significant achievements at work
  • Great extra curriculars
  • Decent comm. service
The negative points could have been:
  • Just two years of work ex and that too in IT...
  • No intl work ex...
  • 75 percentile in Verbal GMAT
As far as the recommendations go, I am pretty sure of them being well above average...

So... all in all... The waitlist decision seems to be based on more subjective terms.. There are some possibilities:

  1. I might have committed a serious blunder in my essays or could have mentioned two contradictory characteristics
  2. Probably, I was not able to highlight my plus points through my essays
  3. I might have missed to convince them of the fact why Notre Dame...
There could be many other reasons, but at present my mind is blank... I expected an admit alongwith some schol from ND.... :(

Just pondering if it would be advisable to apply to lower ranked unis...
My mind says 'NO' -- my heart says 'I DONT KNOW'...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Inblue said...

Start planning your Waitlist strategy.. any thoughts given to this ?

11:49 PM  
Blogger righty said...

Yes man.. The director of admissions talked to all waitlisted candidates... I was told that there was nothing that I could do to improve my profile.... He said that the profile was fine as it is except for the number of years of work ex... :( Very sadistic approach I should say....

12:25 PM  
Blogger righty said...

I meant 'Mam' above... :) But frankly, I am indeed very very happy for 'the' fellow GCETian... You made us all proud... :)

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home