Friday, January 12, 2007

Emory interview and thoughts...

With each and every interview I complete, one of the things that amazes me the most is the comfort level that the interviewers provide you... They bring you to a platform where you can just open your heart out and say whatever you feel like... Such a position could be very dicy at times... If you are not (that) sure about your goals and why that school and stuff, you may end up leading yourself to a statement which contradicts what you mentioned in your essays... However, if you are damn sure of your goals, the interview proves out to be an excellent time to spill everything out... From the things that you could not include due to word limits to things that you always thought were a bit 'weird'...

Ms. Shannon Demko from Emory University conducted a telephonic interview for me last Friday... Although the administration had confirmed that they will call me on my cellphone, they finally ended up calling my permanent residence number, a place 1500 kms far from where I was waiting for their call... :) My 10 year old cousin picked the call, and after listening the US accent said 'wrong number'... :):)

Fortunately, they found my cellphone number on my resume... The interview started casually and I reminded her that we had met during the QS world MBA tour... Obviously, she was not going to recall... I later reminded her about the loads and loads of questions I had for her the other day... She said - it was her turn to ask questions then... :)

Tell me something about your work and your client...
Something about the way you handle your team with people more experienced then you...
How would your team mates describe you as an individual..
How would you describe your manager as an individual...
Long term, short term goals... Why MBA? and Why Emory?

I never realized when I exhausted the 30 mins of time I had...
Soon, it was time to say "It was great talking to you, you can now ask any questions you have.."

I wanted the interview to last longer... I wanted to speak a lot... I wanted to bring out more and more the thoughts that have gone behind the acronym 'MBA'.... But it wasnt to happen for that all powerful clock that keeps ticking...

Nways, I mailed an updated resume with a thank you note post interview...

Thats it to pen for now...

Btw, here is wishing you all bloggers a belated Happy New Year!!! Lets hope the year 2007 takes everyone of us a step (or more) closer to our goals....

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What happened to your interview? Did you get through, or did you join a different school.

4:45 AM  
Blogger righty said...

Check out the rest of the blog buddy...

8:22 AM  
Blogger Markus Stecher said...

Those are even the better opinions and guides have been initiated herewith and surely for the future would almost bring more of the changes for them to proceed further. statement of diversity & cultural awareness

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home