Tuesday, August 26, 2008

After Fay, its Gustav

Thats true! It's indeed tough for Floridians here... Although it is my first hurricane season here in the US, I am so bugged of it... And going through the same thing, year after year! The 'Sun-shine' state deserves a lot of credit...

Tropical Storm Fay left my workplace shut down for two days. Sounds like fun, right? It wasn't.. :( You cannot go out of your hotel room, its like a curfew everywhere! I went out for a jog in the evening and returned back within 10 mins after the tornedo sirens went on... Fay was expected to be a minor tropical storm. But the amount of rain it poured over here was something that was not expected out of it...

Fay - all around Florida:


Not even two weeks into the downpour caused by Fay, and here comes Gustav - Hurrican Gustav (read: Bond - James Bond). Weather.com expects it to just brush the western coast of Florida, but once the hurricane is over the warm waters of the gulf, anything is possible.

Gustav - here it comes:


I encounter mixed emotions when I think about the end of my internship coming closer. My last day here will be Aug 29 and because it has indeed been such a joy ride here, I am going to miss it all - my work, my convertible and the beaches :(. However, getting out of the hurricane'd' place before the next one strikes is quite a huge motivation. Atlanta, here I come!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dreamer said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home