Monday, May 12, 2008

What tastes better?

The taste of winning the most prestigious case competition of your school or the taste of home food? :) I am undecided...

Goizueta Marketing Strategy Consultancy (GMSC) is a case competition that brings weird reactions on the faces of people who have been through it. Its 20 hours of hard work every week along with an extended stay post the final exam, when all the non-GMSC students fly home. For many, it can turn out to be the worst decision they made ever since they joined GBS, but for me and my team, it was the best!

We started the GMSC process in the later part of December. Six of us, totally new to each other's working styles, were assigned a project to help one of the biggest airlines. It took more than 5 months, a wrecked spring break and a few spoiled grades in other subjects to achieve the first place on May 8th, 2008! The delight was not doubled but trippled when we came to know that along with the 'hefty' cash prizes, we were also awarded medalion status in the frequent flyer program of that airline. Wow! That was unbelievable! Just loved it! Awesome! Mind blowing!

Then came 9th of May, 2008. The day when I flew home after 10 months in the US. And it is an easy guess to imagine what must I have done in that long flight. Slept, slept and slept! The GMSC party was all over me. Thanks to the great service, I was home 28 hours after I left Atlanta. However, when I landed here, the excitement of meeting my parents, the love reflected from my sister's eyes when she first saw me was a treat to watch. Just when I had the first bite of the home cooked lunch, this was the question I asked myself - 'what tastes better? Winning the GMSC or food cooked by my mom?'

I am not sure of the answer, but I am sure that with 95% certainity (I love DIA :)), its somewhere close to 60-40, advantage mom! I have got two more weeks to enjoy this treat and I am going to make the most of it!

Take care all!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Elliott Rohman said...

The necessary details and objects are helping students to initiate with all those possible prospects and values which must be understood by the one. do my programming homework

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home