Saturday, May 20, 2006

More on my GMAT preparations

My dear blogger mates.....

It has sincerely been a very good weekend so far...
Took two computer based tests:
1. GMAT Prep -1 (again) [read somewhere that questions will be different and found them to be so]
2. Score top online - Quant 1

It has been quite a long time since i wrote anything other than my GMAT preps... So, amm... lemme just bore you all a bit by descrbing the kind of time (other than GMAT) i had during the last week....

There were three major things that happened to me during the last week. The first one was something that is not very unusual now... It was my desperation to go home!! As the day 25th May is coming closer, the excitement is increasing in inverse proportion to the time left before i land in Gujarat... It has been almost 2 months now that i am waiting for the day... For some reasons, my trip to home this time will be a lot more special than it has ever been... :) With just 3 and a half days to go before i fly, lemme make a promise to myself that i will uitilize all these days, fully dedicated to my GMAT preps, whenver i am away from office work....

The second major thing that has been happening is the new challange that i m facing w.r.t. my work in office... No no, it is not technical challange, anything technical has hardly ever tumbled me so far... But this time, it is the whole new drama of project allocation... Just when i thought i will have a peaceful life before i give my GMAT, i see IDI clouds building up over my head (IDI is the worst project my IBU has)!! :( You sometimes pay panelties for doing a good job! This is one those punishments... I know it will be tough to sneak out of this, but i will try a lot for sure... I havent been officially told anything about it so far. Just waiting for the moment when some PM comes to me and says me officially that i am supposed to work for IDI.. I will make sure that even if he eventually pulls me into it, i give him a tough time pulling me!!

And the third and the final major action that took place was that i accidently found a school friend of mine, called Shivangi Gajjar... We were class mates in 3rd - 4th standard and then she left the school and went to a girl's convent school, probably coz the boys in our school were just too troublesome!! :):):) She is presently doing her masters in New York..... It was wonderful to find a friend whom you havent met/talked since last 15 years!!! The credit goes to Mr. Orkut and his wonderful creation called 'orkut.com'...

Coming on to my GMAT preparations and the tests:

  1. GMAT Prep1, the java application you can download from mba.com was pretty good this time.... Though i had atleast 10% questions that i thought were from GMAT or were a part of GMAT prep1 that i gave earlier, the overall confidence i had after giving the test was quite satisfactory. The one strange thing about these GMAT Prep software is their scoring pattern. I find it to be too very liberal when it comes to quant section. I made 11 wrong out of 37 in quant and then too landed up with a score of 50... Amazing, isnt it??? Out of these 11 mistakes, i got 6 wrong in PS and 5 in DS. I could have ceratinly done better, but even with just 5 incorrect i would have scored 50!!! I just hope that a similar scoring pattern is followed in actual GMAT. Verbal was OK this time... 6 wrong in RC, 7 in SC and just 1 in CR... 14 wrong overall with a sectional score of 38.. Something needs to be seriously done about my SC preps... SC and CR are the key to a 40... I cant bank on RC as it has never been my most comfortable area. Overall score was 730, but the figure is just a bit more than what i deserve with my present preparation.. and i know this!!
  2. Early Sunday morning is always a time to relax and dream... But i will have to forget these pleasures atleast till June 26th.. Got up early, had a quick breakfast and off i was to office... Took the scoretop quant 1 test and found 2 questions out of 38 to be incomplete.. But the wonder was i got just 1 of them incorrect!! hahaha... Seems my guessing power is improving.. Amogst the questions which were fully visible, i got 3 wrong... Found the test to be very very easy... Had completed it with 45 mins left in my bank account... Hope the level is a bit tougher in the next 11 quant simulations in score-top.

Well... this is all about this week's stuff... I will be seeing the movie Gangster today with my roomies.... It will be a movie i will see in theatres after a gap of 2-3 months.... But i am more excited about the movie i will be seeing on 26th may and even more excited about the movie on 25th may as i will be the hero myself on 25th!! hahaah....

Chow folks...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

: ) Good luck on your GMAT prep.
It will soon be over. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

2:34 AM  
Blogger righty said...

Thanks a lot kooljaek....
Ya... just 2 weeks to go now...
All fingers crossed!!!

9:08 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Practice questions can help familiarize with the GMAT, but in the end, we need to be physically and mentally ready in order to answer the questions without any doubt.

english prepositions

8:12 PM  
Blogger Priya said...

I simply couldn’t depart your site before suggesting that I really enjoyed the usual information an individual supply in your visitors? Is going to be again steadily to check out new posts.
Best GMAT Coaching Classes in Chennai | GMAT Coaching institutes in Chennai

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home