Monday, May 08, 2006

Sorry... Sorry.. Sorry...

First of all.... My sincere apologise for not updating the status of my tests this weekend... The weekend infact proved to be one of the most happening weekends as far as my GMAT preps are concerned...

Saturday: 6th May, 2006

Landed in the office around 10:30 AM in the morning... And got very unpleased to see lot many folks on my floor.... No no... I am not a misanthrope.. :) Just that, many people -> many questions on GMAT -> many explanations from my side -> many questions again -> many explanations again... The sequence goes on... Newer mind i said, moved to a silent place in one of the corners of the floor where i could hide myself from all Derek O Brians... :)

Wished to take some new test this time... No ETS or Kaplan.. Luckily found a gmattest software which i had downloaded a year back... A time when i was never sure what i wanted in life... :) Started the test and sailed through it with great ease... Quant was complete before 10 mins and verbal was complete with 5 mins to spare... Whenever the test is easy, it sounds a bell in my mind and makes me all the more conscious about my answers... But luckily enough, i dint make too many mistakes this time with simple questions, and reached a mind-boggling score of 760!!! Whoo!!Whoo!!! Though it was great to see this figure on the monitor, it wasnt satisfactory, as i knew real GMAT was never going to be so very easy....

It was time now to come back to reality.... 760 had provided me with wings using which i was flying in the skies of over-confidence... So, thought lemme come back to ground realities.. decided to take another test on the same day....

Opted for Kaplan-2 this time... I knew it was going to be a sure shot landing to ground with Kaplan, but just hoped the landing to be a bit safer than Kaplan-1... :) Found many questions repeating in the quant section, which wasnt much encouraging and the verbal section was again tough as expected... Was easily able to complete both these sections in time and that was very pleasing... Scored 600 with 50 in quant and 29 in verbal... Verbal: 21 correct and 20 incorrect!! Dont know what happens with me when i give these full lenght tests... With sectional tests i usually sail with a better accuracy...

Sunday: 7th May, 2006

Had the hardcopies of ETS 25 with me today.... The day was too hot and it wasnt possible to sit for the test till it was evening... ETS tests though good, have some disadvanatages: 1. Their quant is very simple 2. There are no explanations for the verbal answers

The test neways was a good experience... Quant was simple as expected and it was tough to sit patiently for 1 hour 15 mins while solving verbal... :) Probably, my low accuracy has everything to do with the fact that Verbal is the last section is these full length tests.. Well, nothing can be done about it though.. I will have to train myself with this routine by giving more tests... The timing during the test was comfortable... Results: Poor accuracy in Verbal, Good in quant... Scores: V-38 Q-49 Overall: 690

Expected to reach 700 today atleast... But couldnt... :(:(:(:( Very very disappointed!!!
Something needs to be seriously done with respect to my verbal accuracy in full length tests...
Should i start with the OG now? Thats the question i am asking myself...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home