Saturday, May 13, 2006

My first realistic 700!!!!

I will remember today's day for many reasons...

1. Dipped my i card into a curry during lunch, and pasted it on my t shirt, just to find that i dint carry a hankerchief... :)
2. Crossed the 700 mark for the very first time with a 710, though dint see this figure reflecting on my screen, as the 800Score.com test that i gave just only gives sectional scores. I was able to zero on 710 after refering their site where they let you know your overall score if you give the test no. and your sectional scores.

Getting more than 700, i think is more of a physchological phenomena.... Your verbal and quant skills can get you upto 700, but anything about that has to come from your pshchy, your concentration power and above all your patience...

Today's experience was again satisfactory in general... More than reaching the 700 mark, i am much pleased with my graph so far... The positive slope of this graph is something that is boosting me a a lot, and today's 700 was just like icing over the cake!!

Speaking about cake, reminds me that i am getting very very hungry.. :) So, i try and rap up the test description and mistakes in short.

Started with Quant as usual... Got a question which i had seen almost a year back... And despite of this, i got is wrong!! Silly mistake again... Nways, the section was good... 50 overall for my effort in quant, even after getting 7 of out of 37 wrong... Dont know whats the logic behind such scoring... Had it been ETS paper tests, 7 wrong would have never given me a half-century in quant...

Verbal now.... Found the initial few question very simple, as was the case with quant.... My real tests were RCs this time... I guess mentioning 'this time' would lead to a conclusion that RCs are not always tough for me. So, i better check my sentence here, coz they indeed give me a tough time in each and every test... RCs this time were more related to finance, and one of them fully dedicated to investment banking... Luckily, i dont have any plans for doing IB coz if i had any such plans i would have had to change those after my miserable performance in this particular RC...

The concentration you can develop and the ease with which you can feel that you are doing great are directly dependent on your surroundings.... While i was on my 34 question in Verbal, which was again the first question of another RC, one of the house keeping guys of my office comes to me and asks, "Is your company a call centre or a software firm?" He must have regreted for asking me such a question coz the stare that i gave him after this question was too scary.. :)

Nways, the test ended smoothly with arond 5+ mins to spare... And the results were:

Q: 50
V: 39
Total: 710

My performance was quite satisfactory.... But still - i havent reached my zenith - is the feeling that i have....

Lets c if i again cross 700 in the next test, next weekend....
Chow!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow... congrats!!

I hope I can get there sooner than later. :) Wish you the best.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Edmond Hill said...

We can usually find more of the prospects and values and hopefully for the future to bring about more of the values by the time and meaning. statement of purpose for mba

6:49 AM  
Blogger Wilbur Bivins said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Aubrey Graden said...

It has brought around some better understanding among the professionals and favorably in this regard they would be having pretty better time to proceed herewith. Check electronic store for best electronics

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home